Nowadays, there are tons of social networking websites available in the internet. If you use them, you will be able to keep in touch with your friends, find long lost relatives, and even make new friends. However, social networking isn’t just what you can get from Facebook.
This marketing tip will show you how to take advantage of Facebook as a website that you can use to market your business or your products and services. There are quite a lot of social networking websites that you can join today. However, if you really want to join one of the best sites for marketing your products or services or really generate targeted traffic for your website, then Facebook is a great choice, especially when combined with other social sites like Twitter for example.
Facebook is considered by a lot of people as the best place to go to when it comes to marketing and networking. With over 250 million active subscribers, you can see that it could definitely have some potential in increasing your sales.
The great thing about Facebook is that it will be able to provide you with tools that can be used to effectively market your products and services. However, you need to know how to effectively use the tools in order for you to really fully take advantage of the website.
These marketing tips can help you use Facebook to market your products and services for free.
1. The first tip is that you need to make an awesome profile. With a great profile, you will be able to attract more people to view it. More viewers will mean more people will be able to know about the products or service you are offering. Try to use Facebook as part of your online branding and try to include a nice photo of you. Also, include your contact information, your website address, work experience, personal interest and your education. Always remember that a complete profile is the best way to go in Facebook. Be as transparent as possible and let people get to know you.
2. When you are already a member of Facebook, try adding friends. You have to remember that Facebook is a social networking website where you will need to make friends and build relationships. The more relationships you build in Facebook, the more effective your marketing efforts will be. The great thing about Facebook is that you will be able to see the friends of your friends. By building an extensive network of friends, you will be able to boost your marketing efforts in no time at all. Just be sure not to grow your Facebook list too fast. There are limitations and if you exceed them your account can be deactivated. Know the rules.
3. You can also join groups or create your own group. In Facebook, there are different kinds of groups that you can join. You can try joining groups that have similar interests, such as yours. Or, you can try joining groups for coaches, wealth building and marketing experts, for example. By joining or creating your own group in Facebook, you will be able to make hundreds of contacts that can help you in letting your business grow.
4. You may also want to syndicate your blog using RSS. In Facebook, it is possible for you to place your blog in your profile through RSS. With this feature, you will be able to let people read your blogs and even further boost your marketing efforts. With an increased number of readers, you will get more leads which also mean more business.
5. Make sure the Facebook does not become a time sink for you. There is so much to do there that you will be tempted by the games and othe applications. You have to remember, with crystal clarity, what your focus is and why you are on Facebook. It’s shouldn’t take more than a half hour of your day. You may even want to get a viritual assistant to help will some of your Facebook duties so you can proceed with more important business.
These are just some of the things that you can do in Facebook to effectively market your website or your business. Through these marketing tips, you will see that you will be able to increase traffic and get even more traffic to your online businesses.
About The Author
Carol Hansen, a Twitter specialist focusing on building and monetizing your network. You can connect with Carol on Twitter or Facebook and follow her latest projects, blog posts and cool tips on building and monetizing your Twitter following.
About The Author