Do you sell products online?
Whether you run an online retail store or if you sell on eBay, internet marketing should be a component of your business plan. When you market your products, you increase your earnings potential.
In terms of internet marketing, there are many successful approaches. These approaches include article directories, purchasing advertisements, banner exchanges, and search engine optimization. Yes, you should implement each of these steps, but also examine unconventional approaches, such as social media sites like Twitter and Facebook.
Twitter and Facebook are social networking websites. When you register for a free account, you can search for other users. You can then become a follower or a friend. This means that you will receive their messages, also known as updates or Tweets on Twitter. Many will do the same for you. Search for contacts on the Twitter and Facebook websites based on name, location, or email address. Also, exchange contact information on online communities, like internet forums.
As previously stated, Twitter and Facebook are social networking websites. All types of posts are allowed, but many expect social messages online, not advertisements. This does not mean that you cannot use these social sites as an internet marketing tool. It just means that you must take the clever approach.
How can I market on Social Sites Like Twitter and Facebook you ask???
- Ask for feedback. With an advertisement, your Tweet may say â€œBuy eco-friendly products at affordable prices.â€ Yes, this may work, but you will find some individuals who think â€œgreat, another advertisement.â€ So, instead ask for feedback. Provide a link and ask your followers to review the product in question. Do they think it can help the environment, is the price affordable?
- Offer promotional codes. Even if you use affiliate links to generate income, you should be provided with moneysaving promotional codes. Offer these to your members.< For example, your Tweet or post could include the message â€œEco-friendly products available for sale with a money saving discount for all my Twitter and Facebook friends.â€ Yes, this is still an advertisement, but you are offering an incentive.
- Host contests and Tweet about them. A great way to generate traffic to a website, including a website where products are sold, is to offer something free. Whether it be a free sample or a contest, people love free stuff. Instead of advertising a product you have for sale, highlight a contest on your website. This will get people to your online store. To increase sales, have your contest landing page filled with products.
- Incorporate personal messages into your advertisements. As previously stated, the use of promotional codes is a great way to not only increase your sales and website traffic, but to generate interest. Instead of just staying â€œSave $25 with a promotional code provided by me,â€ incorporate a personal message. Mention you are extending the offer to your Twitter and Facebook friends because you want to help them save money. This extra personal message goes a long way.
- Mentioning the products you sell is okay to do, but be limited in your messages. Do not send 10 messages a day highlighting the products you sell. Instead, try one a day. Also, rely on the use of @replies on Twitter. You can reply to those who send you updates or use Search.Twitter.com. Only reply with a clever advertisements when the situation calls for it.
The key to using social sites as an internet marketing tool is to do so cleverly. Internet users tend to sway away from advertisements, so disguise your advertisements. Use this marketing tip and watch your sales go up.
About The Author
Carol Hansen, a Twitter specialist focusing on building and monetizing your network. You can connect with Carol on Twitter or Facebook and follow her latest projects, blog posts and cool tips on building and monetizing your Twitter following.
About The Author