If you love Twitter and Facebook, chances are you know TweetDeck is an Adobe Air application for Twitter Lovers. TweetDeck gives you the ability to monitor and respond to conversations across your Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, and LinkedIn profiles. It also has tons of features to help streamline your social marketing and networking (more in future blog posts).
The Benefits of Using TweetDeck to Rock Social Media Marketing
The more you grow you social media sphere of influence, the more you will want to organize and monitor conversations with certain friends to gain the maximum benefit from your networking. TweetDeck will help you manage all your social media accounts right from TweetDeck without switching between them. It is a big time saver to have all updates handy on one interface and be able to respond across the 4 social networking sites without logging in to all of them separately.
One of the greatest benefits of using TweetDeck is the ability to organize your Twitter followers and those you follow in Twitter Lists.
You can easily create and manage, both public and private, Twitter Lists from within TweetDeck. TweetDeck provides a roster of thousands of lists you can subscribe to as well.
By making use of your lists and groups you can hyper focus on your groups and lists to minimize the noise and more effectively network and build your sphere of influence.
Not to mention you can easily reply to status updates and send direct messages. TweetDeck is great if you also have and want to keep track of multiple Twitter accounts.
How to Use TweetDeck to Create Twitter Lists
I will assume you have basic knowledge of how TweetDeck operates, if not there is a great instructional video on TweetDeck courtesy of Cali Lewis from Geek Brief TV.
Ready to Add your Twitter Lists? Here we go:
- Select the user you want to add to a pre-existing or new list.
- Click on the name of the user on the lower right of the box (circled in red). A profile will appear like the one below.
- At the bottom of the profile you will see an icon that looks like a person.
- Click on the icon and the following screen will appear:
- If you have pre-existing lists, check the box (twitter list) you would like to add your twitter user to go in and then click “Finish” at the bottom. If you don’t have pre-existing lists or don’t have one category that fits your twitter user, create one by clicking on the “create a new list for” button on the bottom.
- Name and Describe Your list in the fields and set the list as public or private. You can also add group members to this new Twitter list you’ve created right on TweetDeck!
Happy Twitter List Creating on TweetDeck!
Related articles by Zemanta
- Become a Local Twitter Marketing Champion in 6 Steps (secretstowebsuccess.com)
- How to Manage Your Friends Lists on Facebook (frommykitchentable.com)
- 101 Twitter Tools For the Ultimate Twitter Expert (sociableblog.com)
About The Author